AIC Kijabe Hospital | Research and Education
The Division of Education & Research oversees all education and training issues, including undergraduate medical education, postgraduate training, nursing education, staff training and development, the ethics committee and the hospital library.
The division of Medical education and Research is jointly headed by the Medical Education and Research Director and the Principal, Kijabe School of Nursing.
Kijabe Hospital and the Kijabe School of Nursing are registered as training providers by the Directorate of Industrial Training (DIT) and the hospital is accredited as a CPD provider by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
Some of the education programmes available at the hospital include:
General surgery residency under the COSECSA programme Paediatric surgery residency under the PAACS programme Family Medicine residency in collaboration with Moi University
- Kijabe School of Nursing – offering KRCHN and KRNA.
Paediatric surgery under the leadership of Prof. Dan Poenaru Paediatric Neurosurgery under the leadership of Dr. Leland Albright
Medical officer internship – taking 8 MO interns each year Clinical officer internship – taking 4 CO interns each year Degree and Diploma students in Laboratory sciences
- Electives – we offer 4-8 week elective terms for medical students and residents from all over the world, in Surgery, Orthopaedics, obstetrics and gynaecology, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine and Paediatrics
- Attachments for degree and diploma/higher diploma students in laboratory sciences, radiology, ICT, accounts
- HIV training – providing module 1 training which is accredited by NASCOP and module 2 training in conjunction with the Institute of Human Virology
- Short courses offered – ACLS, ALSO, ATLS, BLS, PMTCT, ART, Diabetes training, Disaster preparedness
- As part of our staff development strategy, we have several in-house courses and also sponsor staff for further studies in various institutions
The hospital aims to be a centre of excellence and research. We have an ethics committee and a research team comprising of a research office, 2 research nurses, a data entry clerk and a data analyst.
We shall be posting ongoing research, research ideas as well as publications on this page.
Events to look forward to:
Annual Scientific Conference in 2011 – contributions and sponsorships are invited
Last Updated ( Tuesday, 03 April 2012 07:26 )